#bbq #pork #heathrilesbbq
WHAT HEATH USED IN THIS RECIPE:
• Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub https://bit.ly/3e9ewzQ
• Heath Riles BBQ Pork Injection https://bit.ly/2SrCOQ6
• Heath Riles BBQ Butter Bath https://bit.ly/30NB7Ni
• Cheshire Pork Boston Butt https://bit.ly/3fqA4s7
• ChefAlarm http://www.thermoworks.com/ChefAlarm?tw=HEATHRILESBBQ
• Custom Logo Meat Claws https://etsy.me/3y0DYT1
• Stone + Wood Cutting Boards https://etsy.me/2RDvpNO
• Blender Bottle https://amzn.to/3e3Ulpz
• Black Gloves https://amzn.to/3yiREc9
• YETI Rambler 30 oz https://amzn.to/3hgPu6d
• Cheshire Pork Boston Butt
• Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub
• Heath Riles BBQ Pork Injection (1/4 cup for 1 butt)
• Apple Juice 20 oz, divided (12 oz for Pork Injection & 8 oz for Butter Bath)
• Heath Riles BBQ Butter Bath (1/4 cup)
1. Mix 1/4 cup of pork injection with 12 oz of apple juice to get ready to inject. You can use any liquid of your choice, we just prefer apple juice.
2. Use a grid-like pattern to inject butt.
3. Score fat on butt, we are cooking fat side up.
4. Season butt with Heath Riles BBQ Honey Chipotle Rub on all sides. Allow rub to sweat in for 15-20 minutes.
5. Put on Traeger Grill (or smoker / grill of your choice) fat side up at 225º. We used Royal Oak Pellets for this cook.
6. Cook butt for approximately 8 hours at 225º. Our butt was approximately 160º at this point.
7. Remove butt to wrap with Butter Bath (1/4 cup) and Apple Juice (8 oz.). Wrap foil tightly.
8. Return to grill, we set our probe to 200º.
9. We turned our temperature up to 275º and cooked for another 2 hours.
10. We had a total cook time of 10 hours, our butt had an internal temperature of 200º when we took it off of the grill.
11. Allow butt to rest for 1-2 hours.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the links in this description are affiliate links where we may earn a small commission if you use them. This is at no additional cost to you.
For professional & delicious BBQ results everytime, try 2 Gringos Chupacabra's Texas Style Rubs & Seasonings!