Smoke Spare Ribs – It is one of the staple foods that everyone ask for at a bbq. But what makes a competition style sparerib different. Well, first what is a Competition Spare Rib? It is usually a St. Louis Cut Spare Rib that has been smoked on a smoker. The texture of a competition Style Spare Ribs is the difference. In a Competition Spare Rib, you want to meat to still be adhered to the bone and have a little chew to it when you bit. You will be able to leave the teeth marks in the meat and still be tender.
The meat should pull off the bone with little effort and leave a bare moist bone behind. This is called “the perfect bite” in competition BBQ.
How To Cook Spare Ribs In A Pellet Smoker Like A Pro!
o Prairie Fresh Spare Ribs
o Parkay Butter
o Brown Sugar
o Apple Juice
o Rufus Teague – Spicy Meat Rub
o Rufus Teague – Honey Sweet
6. Remove the membrane off the back side of the ribs
7. Trim down to 10 bones
8. Apply a liberal amount of Rufus Teague Spicy Meat to the Back side of the Ribs
9. Let the Ribs rest for amount 10-minutes to allow the Rufus Teague Rub to bind to the ribs
10. Flip them over and apply a liberal amount of Rufus Teague Spicy Meat to the Meat side of the Ribs
13. Pre-heat your Recteq pellet smoker to 300°
14. Place the ribs in the Recteq Smoker to start the cooking process
15. Spritz about every 30-minutes to maintain moisture in the bark
16. When you get the color on the Ribs that you are looking for, wrap them. It will be around 2-hrs
17. Return to the Recteq Pellet Smoker
18. When your ribs start to reach an internal temperature of 205° you will start to see the bones start to pull back.
19. Pick them up (Gently) and see if the meat starts to break. If they are doing that, then you are ready.
20. Flip them Meat Side up and return to the foil and apply a thin coat of sauce to the meat side of the ribs.
21. Return them to the smoker to allow the sauce to set, about 10-minutes
22. Remove and let them rest.
23. Slice and enjoy.
24. Let us know how it turned out for you.
We hope that you watch these videos and that it helps you. Please know that if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me and we will be happy to help. Good luck and hope to see you at a BBQ competition somewhere in the future.
BBQ Gear: https://elitebbqsmokers.com/bbq-gear
FILMING Gear: https://elitebbqsmokers.com/filming-gear
Follow Elite BBQ Smokers:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/elitebbqsmokers
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/elitebbqsmokers/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/jwhardee
TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@elitebbqsmokers?lang=en
Rumble – https://rumble.com/c/c-1377851
Watch More Videos:
Elite BBQ Smokers – Latest Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmUsYkLclDw&list=PLJ-hYCS_UrPnmSesCDWYtPdPgb9J5bkqp
For More Recipes and Information: https://www.elitebbqsmokers.com/
Video Time Stamps
01:00 Prepping the Spare Ribs
02:25 Cooking the Spare Ribs
03:50 Wrapping the Spare Ribs
06:00 Saucing the Spare Ribs
09:30 Slicing and Taste Test
12:40 Dolly Likes It
13:00 Blessing the Food
Link to Music – https://artlist.io/song/54349/play-with-fire
Pitmasters: Jason & Michelle Hardee
Special Guest: Dolly (The Star of the Show)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you in any way possible.
• If you would like your products / equipment featured in our: Videos. Social Media Post, and website please contact us at:
EliteBBQSmoker@Gmail.com or Mail: 5251 Highway 501 west, Conway, SC 29526
• Video Editing/Motion Graphics/Animation: J. W. Hardee & Associates, LLC JasonWHardee@Gmail.com
THANK YOU FOR WATCHING AND SEE YOU NEXT TIME.
Some of the link in the description may be with sponsors that pay commission
#pelletsmoker #recteqlifestyle #RufusTeague #AtlantaBBQStore #TeamRoyalOak2022 #Spareribs #CompetitionBBQ #bbq #barbecue #bbqart #BBQLife #TheBBQChurch #grilling #Smokingmeat #teamrecteq #recteqlifestyle #recteq #recteqicercoolers #recteqbuiltit
For professional & delicious BBQ results everytime, try 2 Gringos Chupacabra's Texas Style Rubs & Seasonings!